Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jamaica Pt. 3: Excitement is Building (Countdown to Launch)

"The Lord turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?"  15 "Pardon me, my lord," Gideon replied, "but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." 16 The Lord answered, "I will be with you , and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive." Judges 6:14-16 (NIV)

Like Gideon, I remember asking God if I was capable of offering anything to Jamaica on my first missions trip. "But I'm a youngster myself and who says I'm adequately equipped to speak life into the lives of the children we will encounter?" I asked. Well, it goes without saying that God qualified me and sent me to the beautiful island. Never could I have imagined falling in love with some of the most resilient, easygoing, heartfelt, gorgeous people in all the world. 

Now, I patiently await my return to Kingston to be reunited with those that are dear to me and encounter those in dire need of hope. I have to be completely honest with myself. My moment of weakness during the fundraising process almost convinced me that I would not return for this month's mission trip. However, God saw differently (as He always does in times like these). Grateful that He saw my heart's desire, I am ready to fully embrace what He has for me during my week long visit to the island.  Tuesday, October 11th marks my 28th birthday. With all that is within me, I can't even fathom wanting to be anywhere else in the entire world that day. I look upon that day with great expectation and a holy anticipation of meeting God, releasing things of old and soaking in the warmth of his love. Something stirs inside me as I think on the goodness of God and everything He has allowed me to experience during my life.  If I had a million tongues I still could not express my sincere gratitude to my heavenly father.  My prayer is that the people of Kingston hearts and minds are being prepared to receive a powerful impartation from God - love demonstrated through man from their creator  - hope to inspire change in their nation for many generations to come. In your name Jesus, I humbly ask - Amen!

"Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:35 NLT

One Lord, One God of Many Nations

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment