Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Visit to August Town Primary



















Early yesterday morning we drove into town to begin out day. The plan was to minister to August town, another founding place of rastafarianism. We went in ready to pray on behalf of the children and walk away having shared the love of Christ with each and every one of them. As I unloaded the bus I knew I was going to make a personal connection/impact with the kids. Slowly, the kids started filing out of their classrooms. As they stood in line, I gave them biblical trivia and they enjoyed it. Of course it helped that I had pencils as a prize. Once again, I was surprised at how much scripture had been embedded in their memories. My objective is to get it embedded I their hearts.

The assembly started and I realized that the students had to stand the entire length of the assembly in the sun. To think of all the times I complained, these children didn't have a problem with it. Yes! They have been use to it, but ally complaints don't seem to measure up to what they had to endure.

By this point, everything was well underway. The kids were enjoying the drawing and dancing. Pastor Lyndon then asked me to sing , "I am not
Forgotten". As I was singing, I could see the life that God was breathing into the children through this song. At that very moment I realized that God sent me here for those children. Afterward, I wandered the school and went from classroom to classroom. I stopped in one class to do more trivia and i had another realization that the children were breathing life into me.

I continued to roam the schools and Lawanna and I came upon Ms. Burke. We went to give school supplies to one girl. Unknown to us, God sent us into there for Ms. Burke. Ms. Burke shared that she struggled coming into work and that she was heavy burdened. However, after hearing the song, "I am not Forgotten" she says she felt her burdens lifting and began to dance. Bless God! Ms. Burke knows that God knows her name. God's work is being done here.

Pray for our workers. The team has seen a change in their character already. However, they need God to completely revolutionize their lives. We haven't quite gotten them to put
down "the herb". Pray saints pray!

One Lord, One God, Many Nations
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment